Thursday, March 28, 2013

30 Days of Buffy and Feminism Days 24-25

Day 24: Favorite Example Of 90s Special Effects
Day 25: Favorite Buffyverse Saying

These two are so small and pointless to expound upon so I'm going to just combine them.  So here we go, this is a short one, folks.

The Mayor's Ascension
Honorable Mentions go to Oz's werewolf transformations or any example of "vamp face".  

I mean the way his face just gets weirdly elongated and then he turns into a GIANT FREAKING SNAKE.  And everyone's reaction to it is hilarious, as well as...understandably alarmed.  I love "vamp face", though.  It's so absurd.  And no actor ever, ever pulls it off convincingly.


FAITH
Looks like the Hellmouth is
officially closed for business.

GILES
There is another one in Cleveland.
Not to spoil the moment... 



 I don't really have a favorite recurring Buffy phrase--everyone picks "bored now"--but I like the Cleveland as another Hellmouth joke for two reasons.  One, it's an example of good writing because it can be subtly traced through the seasons up until this piece of dialogue that comes at the very end of the series finale "Chosen".  Two, I'm a PITTSBURGH girl.  Any hating on Cleveland is cool in my book.  

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a Hellmouth.

I'm going to replace Day 25 with another question that was in another one of the 30 Days of Buffy memes I found, so I'll get right on that today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment